In today’s episode, Karyn talks with Kate Causon all about how she grew and then sold her business, Wild Island Co. Kate weighs in on the complications that her brand faced along its growth journey, her marketing strategy and the challenge of finding work-life balance. She also offers advice to those who want to start their own fashion label or to sell their business.
If you enjoy this episode, please subscribe, rate, and share the show – it would mean the world to us. There’s more to come and we’re looking forward to sharing how to sell more on your online store in our podcast.
- About Wild Island Co and why Kate started the brand [01:05]
- How she sourced good quality apparel [04:02]
- On the process of building a brand and producing the clothes [06:22]
- How she got word out about her brand [10:10]
- What Kate likes about having her own business [14:35]
- On establishing work-life balance [17:15]
- Define your WHY and what kind of lifestyle that you want to have [19:22]
- On selling Wild Island Co
- The why [20:30]
- The hows [25:52]
- How to evaluate a business [30:58]
- Have systems in place [32:50]
- Follow Kate Causon on Instagram
- Visit Wild Island Co
- Buy and sell online businesses via Flippa
- Check out Shopify’s Exchange Marketplace
- Jump on the waitlist for a special offer on our Ignitor course
- Join our free group Unstoppable eCommerce Entrepreneurs on Facebook
Kate is the founder of Wild Island Co, a brand that offers gender-neutral clothing for adventurous kids and outdoor-loving grown-ups. But before that, she worked as a qualified lawyer and legal project manager for 8 years in both Tasmania and London.