During COVID last year, we decided to support online small eCommerce businesses by purchasing from their online store. It was fun, but we kept seeing the same opportunities for improvement popping up, again and again.
Today, we’ll talk about what we learned from shopping at over 100 online stores. We’ll be sharing our insights, tips, and advice on the learning opportunities that we found so that you can improve your online store and sell more.
If this is your first time listening to our podcast, welcome! On our podcast, we share practical and actionable information around how you can sell more on your online store. We also interview some eCommerce powerhouses and take you behind the scenes of some of the most successful online stores.
If you’re ready to sell more on your online store, this is the podcast for you.
- Why we decided to support online stores during COVID through shopping [02:21]
- Pop-ups are not the best way to welcome customers to your site [04:03]
- Don’t send people away from your site just to avail your offer [05:48]
- Tips on getting emails through offers [08:16]
- Invest in good product photos and image quality [11:14]
- Memorable, shareable, “instagrammable” packaging [15:12]
- Your packaging should align with your customers’ values [20:22]
- Facebook Pixels and why you should have it on your website [22:48]
- Privacy and safety policies for your website [23:26]
- Repeat purchases from customers are also important [27:30]
- Have a “Notify Me” button on your website [30:29]