When you first start to join the world of selling online – or if you’ve been at it for a while – it can be really confusing and a bit daunting on which platform to use to sell your products.
Do you go for third-party platforms like Etsy or Made it? Do you go for the big guys like Amazon and Ebay? Or should you get your own website and sell from there?
We discuss the different platforms available for selling your products online, the pros and cons of each, the questions you need to answer before choosing the right platform to suit your business now, and into the future – and we also let you know our favourite platform and why we love it so much.
If this is your first time listening to our podcast, welcome! On our podcast we share practical and actionable information around how you can sell more on your online store. We also interview some eCommerce powerhouses and take you behind the scenes of some of the most successful online stores.
If you’re ready to sell more on your online store, this is the podcast for you.
- Ask yourself, are you selling a brand or a commodity? [03:18]
- Pros and cons of selling in third party marketplaces [06:18]
- How important is pixel data in the eCommerce world? [07:53]
- Third party marketplaces and their limited advertising structures [09:23]
- Using third party marketplaces to jumpstart your brand [10:15]
- What are the available platforms to start your online shop? [11:15]
- What makes Shopify an excellent eCommerce platform? [12:58]
- Determine your goals and assess your skills before choosing a platform [17:33]
- Be smart when working with web developers [19:34]
- Shopify is simply built for eCommerce [21:13]