Negative comments are simply the price of admission to selling online. There will be good days and bad days, and things on your website will break – and yes, trolls will throw negative comments at you.
Today, we’re talking about trolls. If you have an online store, you may have encountered trolls or at least some negative comments along the way. Join us as we cover what trolls actually are, why they do what they do, how we recommend that you deal with them and avoid fuelling their fire, and more.
We’ll also share a personal story of a not so lovely experience with a troll—including the avoidable mistakes made—so that you’ll know what to do when you come across them.
If this is your first time listening to our podcast, welcome! On our podcast, we share practical and actionable information around how you can sell more on your online store. We also interview some eCommerce powerhouses and take you behind the scenes of some of the most successful online stores.
If you’re ready to sell more on your online store, this is the podcast for you.
- What is a troll? [02:04]
- Don’t engage with trolls and add fuel to the fire [05:44]
- The ‘don’t text, talk, or type’ strategy [08:29]
- Flip negative comments into something positive [08:55]
- Negative comments can be the best feedback you’ll get from people [12:01]
- Switch off your emotions when facing negative comments [14:30]
- The best thing to do is to ‘block and delete’ [15:42]