Most Valentines Day campaigns are boring.
On the 14th of February, our newsfeeds will be filled with hearts and roses and chocolates and … B-O-R-I-N-G.
Sure you could post a gift guide or make a heart out of your product. But do you want to be just another “me-too” OR do you want to stand out?
We are challenging online store owners to get creative this Valentines Day and do something different.
We want you to zig when everyone else is zagging.
The underlying reason for publishing anything, whether it’s a full-blown campaign or a single social media post, is to create affinity with your audience so they feel like know, like and trust you. And this in turn, will help you sell more on your online store.
We want you to not only think outside the chocolate box, we want you to rip that box to shreds.
Some ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
- Create a dating profile for your products and match-make them by creating bundles. Pair this with a one-day-only special bundle price.
- Showcase your “real love”. This might be the planet if you sell sustainable products or just a good nights sleep if your audience is new mums.
- Send your audience a list of gift ideas that don’t suck.
- Flip it and instead of celebrating love, celebrate independence, gal-pals or third-wheeling. Instead of celebrating with roses, celebrate with bacon.
- Run a “love stinks” campaign and showcase all your delicious smelling candles.
Here’s your permission slip to be a little daring. Don’t be afraid to offend people. You can’t be everything to everyone. When creating your campaign you want to keep it relevant to your audience and unique to you. If some people love it, some people will hate it and that’s ok, they aren’t your people.
Our challenge to you: Zig when everyone else is zagging this Valentines Day.
Here are the rules of the game:
- Don’t be boring
- Zig when others are zagging
- Make sure it’s relevant to your audience
- Make sure it’s unique to you
We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Share your campaigns and how you zigged when everyone else was zagging in our free Facebook Group for Unstoppable eCommerce Entrepreneurs. If you’re stuff for ideas, ask your fellow Unstoppables and we can help you brainstorm.
Valentines Day isn’t the only date you can leverage to sell more on your online store. Download our full 12 month 2020 eCommerce planner below.