The online store content rollercoaster…
We would plan out a few weeks of content. We would even schedule it so it went without us having to do a thing and we were free to focus on the day to day operations of running an online store. So organised, so boss, so #igothis
Then, before we knew it, those 2 weeks had flown by and we didn’t have anything for the next batch of content.
So we’d scramble to get something up. We would skip a few days here and there. We’d post without strategy until we found the time to do another content planning session.
And the roller coaster would continue pretty much like that all year long.
Does this sound familiar?
We want you to get off this rollercoaster for good. That’s why we’ve created this free 2020 eCommerce calendar with key dates for you to wrap your content around. You can download the entire year now.
Let’s look at what’s happening in April 2020
01 – April Fools Day
The day of practical jokes and hoaxes. This is your chance to have a little fun.
05 Daylight Savings Ends
Time to set those clocks back. Think about ways you could get creative around this “fall back” day.
07 World Health Day
In this International Year of the Nurse and the Midwife, World Health Day 2020 will shine a light on the vital role played by nurses and midwives in providing health care around the world, and call for a strengthening of the nursing and midwifery workforce.
10 National Siblings Day
The bond and relationship we have with our brothers and sisters is unlike any other as it is usually a person’s longest relationship over his/her lifetime.
- recreate family photos with your siblings
- share your teams’ “sibling stories”
- share your favourite movies about siblings
- celebrate your “soul sisters” or your “sisters in business”
- Use the hashtag #NationalSiblingsDay
10 Good Friday
12 Easter Sunday
13 Easter Monday
While traditionally a religious holiday, it has been widely accepted as a retail milestone.
- create a digital Easter egg hunt
- share some cute pics of you and your team in bunny (or bilby!) ears
- share your Easter traditions
- create or share some funny Easter memes
22 Earth Day
Earth Day is celebrated around the world to demonstrate support for environmental protection. The theme for Earth Day 2020 is climate action.
- share how your business is committed to environmental protection
- share your products that help protect the environment
- get the team involved in a local cleanup
- share your view on climate change
- use the hashtag #earthday2020
25 Anzac Day
Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance for our Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.
Well there you have it – some of the key dates in April to incorporate into your 2020 content calendar. If I’ve missed a day you think should be there let me know in the comments below.
Want to plan ahead for your 2020 content calendar? Download our full 12 month 2020 eCommerce planner below.