In today’s episode I chat to Tara McKeon, owner of one of my favourite brands, Proud Poppy.
Proud Poppy has built not just a fashion brand, but a community of tens of thousands of women celebrating colour and clothes that make you feel great.
After struggling to find clothes in her size that she actually liked, Tara set out to create her own. What she thought would be a modest brand turned into a huge online following (over 128k on Instagram), an amazing eCommerce store and 3 physical locations across Victoria and Queensland.
Tara shares her insights into how she grew the business, the staff she hired along the way to support her vision and how she celebrates diversity and inclusivity at the core of her brand.
Tara has been extremely generous with her knowledge and sharing great tips for inspiring eCommerce businesses and fashion brands.
- All about Proud Poppy [01:16]
- Proud Poppy as a community first store [04:26]
- Normalizing Diversity [07:08]
- How Proud Poppy got started [12:37]
- Recreating confidence in women’s clothing [15:20]
- Lessons what she learned in 3 years [17:38]
- Advice for new entrepreneurs [28:51]