Shipping cost is one of the factors that customers consider when buying from a website (some might even expect free shipping for everything). Question is, should you even charge for it at all?
In this episode, we talk about why customers hate paying shipping, how you can work out if you should offer free shipping, how your shipping rates can dramatically impact the number of sales you may get on your online store, and how to communicate your shipping rates to increase your conversion rate.
If this is your first time listening to our podcast, welcome! On our podcast, we share practical and actionable information around how you can sell more on your online store. We also interview some eCommerce powerhouses and take you behind the scenes of some of the most successful online stores.
If you’re ready to sell more on your online store, this is the podcast for you.
- Why customers don’t like to pay for shipping [02:11]
- Free shipping is the way to go – so how can you make it happen? [07:00]
- Customers are forgiving about shipping when it comes to large items [13:43]
- Make it clear for customers which items have free shipping [15:03]
- Communicate your shipping incentives in a simple way [16:04]
- Using announcement bars for communicating your shipping incentives [19:05]
- Communicating your shipping incentives and rates in a positive light [20:33]
- Having a separate shipping page on your site [22:05]
- Incorporating your shipping incentives throughout your marketing strategy [22:32]
- Check your conversion rates and see if you can push the bars further [24:52]
- Free Shipping Extensions