We might be in the middle of a global pandemic, but you can still turn your idea into a successful online store.
In today’s episode, we chat with Nic McClanachan who owns and operates dot on a sock, an eCommerce business that sells socks with colour coded dots on the sole that makes them easy to find & simple to match. She was able to transform a personal pain point into an opportunity, and she walks us through the steps she took to get her business off the ground.
Nic talks to us about her journey of taking dot on a sock from idea to business. She weighs in on her strategy for preorders and presales, reveals her future business plans, and offers advice for entrepreneurs who are just starting out.
If you enjoy this episode, please subscribe, rate, and share the show – it would mean the world to us. There’s more to come and we’re looking forward to sharing how to sell more on your online store in our podcast.
- About Human Experience, Accountability Circle, and dot on a sock [01:32]
- How Nic manages her 3 businesses [05:32]
- Invest time and money to get things right from the beginning [08:02]
- Develop your branding [08:32]
- Invest in good-quality products [09:22]
- Get proper coaching [10:13]
- The mistakes Nic learned from her first business, Human Tribe [12:50]
- The amazing surprises she encountered with her sales [16:57]
- What shipping has been like with the outbreak of COVID [22:15]
- Where Nic’s business is currently at and how she plans to scale [26:08]
- Her advice on responding to comments, doing your research, and partnering with great people [29:10]
- dot on a sock
- Human Experience
- Accountability Circle
- Jump on the waitlist for a special offer on our Ignitor course
- Join our free group Unstoppable eCommerce Entrepreneurs on Facebook
Nic McClanachan is a serial entrepreneur and mum of 3. Not only does she run 2 other successful businesses, she also launched Dot on a Sock in the peak of Covid lockdowns. Nic is inspirational, fun and an all-round-legend.