Yes, eCommerce may seem like it’s all the rage—especially with the pandemic and lockdowns—but success won’t come until you have a good product and are prepared to put in the work.
In today’s episode, we talk with Colleen Jackson from Ride Proud Clothing. She joined the very first round of Ignitor three years ago, and since then, her business has doubled in revenue and even found success in other countries.
Colleen reveals what her business was like at the beginning and the steps she took to grow it. She also offers advice based on what she has learned from her own experiences from running an online clothing store.
If you enjoy this episode, please subscribe, rate, and share the show – it would mean the world to us. There’s more to come and we’re looking forward to sharing how to sell more on your online store in our podcast.
- About Ride Proud Clothing and how it started [01:48]
- On quitting her job [02:32]
- What her business was like at the start [04:15]
- You need to do the work and you need to know what work to do [06:55]
- How the Ignitor program helped Colleen with her marketing plan [08:05]
- You need to have a good product [09:45]
- Figure out who your target audience is [09:58]
- Set up your website so that it’s ready for traffic and conversion [11:15]
- What Ride Proud Clothing is like now [11:50]
- The challenges of opening your store to overseas markets [12:52]
- Colleen’s advice for other startups:
- Invest in help early on [15:15]
- Treat your customers the way you want to be treated [15:55]
- The importance of digital marketing, getting your community around your product, and building trust [19:42]
ABOUT OUR GUEST:
Colleen Jackson is the founder and CEO of Ride Proud Clothing, an equestrian clothing brand that specializes in bootleg horse riding pants for mature women. Her business has been named in the top 5 best riding jeans by Globetrotting, a travel agency devoted to horse riding holidays and unique cultural horse experiences around the world.
- Visit Ride Proud Clothing
- Check out the Globetrotting article here
- Learn how to create magnetic messaging from our previous episode
- Jump on the waitlist for a special offer on our Ignitor course
- Join our free group Unstoppable eCommerce Entrepreneurs on Facebook