April is fast approaching which means, online store owners need to have our content all planned out – or at least have started thinking about it!
April Fools Day is a great opportunity to go a little crazy, have a little fun and be a bit silly.
A word of warning though. The backlash from a poorly executed April Fools Day campaign is no joke.
- Don’t do anything that goes against your brand values
- Do run your idea past multiple people including your annoying “devil’s advocate” friend
- Don’t make light of a terrible situation or sad topic
- Do have fun, resonate with your audience and be unique to you
- Do go the extra mile and create a specific product landing page or blog page for your April Fools. Here’s a good example.
Let’s have a look at some April Fools Day campaigns from last year for inspiration:
So there you have it, some of our favourite 2019 April Fools Day Brand Campaigns for you to use as inspiration.
Want to plan ahead for your 2020 content calendar? Download our full 12 month 2020 eCommerce planner below.